performance review / lunch with jack – DSC00269 (Photo credit: sean dreilinger)
It is a fact that we live in a fast-paced world. Everything needs to be done quicker and more efficiently than ever before. Managing your own business is dependent on the boss being able to access every aspect of the business at any given time during the day. Your cell phone can help, as it is with you all the time and may keep you connected to business partners and your staff, as well as your clients.
More technology is being introduced every year. Trade shows and information highways are always touting the latest way to stay connected. The ability to keep your phone with you and charged is constantly being updated as well. There are a few ways your cell phone can help your business stay on top.
1. Inventory At A Glance. T-Mobile cellphones can be a valuable tool in keeping track of your product. You can set up your phone to track sales and shipments, knowing each piece that goes out and each piece that comes in. In dealing with customers, you will be able to tell exactly what is available and how soon you can deliver.
2. Accounts Payable And Receivable. If it happens to be a meeting with board members or investors, even though you will be prepared with paper documentation of the running of the business, having this available on your cell phone will give you the added bonus of knowing your cash flow from minute to minute. You never know when you will need some extra cash to make an important business purchase, and you will have it ready.
3. Important Business Contacts. Every business has important contacts, and whether you are needing to reach someone yourself, or you are referring a customer to a business associate, having the necessary information at a glance helps you to look professional and knowledgeable.
4. Market Analysis. With cell phones being able to feed us knowledge and statistics from literally anywhere in the world, the business owners and managers are a distinct advantage. Whether it is buying or selling stock, or just trying to see where the supply and demand is, once again your cell phone will keep you informed. Not only can you access the web, you can download apps to your phone to categorize and update the information you need.
5. Availability. The mere fact that your customers have access to you at all times is a huge boost to your business. There are many times when customers will go elsewhere if they are not treated as though their business dealings are important. The availability is also to your advantage when you need to get in touch with a manager or business partner in a short period.
No doubt cell phones have revolutionized the way we communicate. Using your cell phone to keep track of every aspect of your business, as well as important contacts is a smart move.